Saturday, April 17, 2010

Wedding and flower girl dresses found!

Amelie, Chloe and I spent the day with my step mom shopping for wedding and flower girl dresses on St. Hubert street in Montreal. Its incredible how many stores are located on that two block segment of St. Hubert. If you can't find a dress there...I doubt you'd be able to find one anywhere.


My dress is a very simple, cream coloured, strapless dress. Amelie's dress is cream as well with some beading on the torso and bottom. Chloe's dress is very similar but in gold with beading on just the torso. We also found beautiful matching shoes and tiaras for the girls.

It's hilarious because now that we've bought the dresses for the girls, they are going to have to wait over two months to wear them. That's just going to be torture for them. They just can't wait!

So, the next step will be to put together Scott, Preston and Cole's outfits for the big day. I think they could pretty much choose any colour that matches this cream and gold palette. If they want to choose a bright colour like orange or blue, we could potentially make our bouquets that colour.

So, I have two months left to plan and here's my to-do list:

• Design and send out the invitations. We’ve already got a rough idea what they will look like.
• Reserve the tuxedo rental for Scott and the boys.
• Buy shoes for myself.
• Design and make my jewellery.
• Hire a photographer (I've already got a photographer in mind but am trying to solidify a meeting with her on April 27 to confirm her availability and costs.
• Plan where Scott and I will go the night of our wedding.
• Buy gift for the kids. Ideally necklaces for each of them.
• Plan the ceremony with the officiate.

1 comment:

  1. i am still learning from you.i still learn something good from your site.

    ReplyDelete