Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 2 on My Journey to the Better Me

Today is my second day on this journey to the better me. I woke up this morning and jumped on the scale. It seems that my weight varies between 160-164 lbs during the day. So, my aim will be to bring my weight down to 146-150 lbs.

Last night my work out went well. I started at 9 pm and finished around 9:40. Tonight, at around 9 pm, I plan to do another weight workout--this time focusing on my arms. Because of the variety of exercises in the program I'm following, it's a longer workout. It takes about 1-1/2 hours to complete. So, I'll be done around 10:30 pm. 

Tomorrow I have to find the energy to do at least 30 minutes of cardio! I could really use some comments to support my training!!! I'm fighting a cold that has started in my throat - I hope it doesn't effect my new regime. 

For supper tonight I plan to make myself and Scott and "Arugula Salad With Chicken and Avocado" from www.realsimple.com. My girls aren't a fan of salad so I thawed the turkey pot pie I made a couple of weeks for them. Here is the recipe for my healthy meal:


Ingredients
  • 4  6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2  tablespoons  extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2  tablespoons  fresh lime juice
  • 1  teaspoon  honey
  • 2  bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
  • 1  avocado, sliced
  • 1  bunch small radishes, thinly sliced
  • Bread (optional)

Preparation

Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Bring to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the chicken, reduce heat to medium, and gently simmer until cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. 

Divide the arugula among bowls and top with the chicken, avocado, and radishes. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve with the bread (if using).

It would be great to hear from anyone out there whose following some kind of health routine. Tell me what you did today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment